to Main Page
Bread Machine Prosphora
Note: This recipe was kindly submitted by
Michelle Dresdow and Denise Anderson, to whom I owe an apology
for not posting sooner. They noted that this recipe will vary
from machine to machine and ingredients may need adjusting.
This recipe makes one Byzantine style loaf.
- Bread machine unbleached flour - 3 1/2 cups
- Hot (~100 degrees) water - 1 1/8 cups
- Dry Yeast - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Nothing else! I'll comment later on
- Set bread machine on dough cycle.
- Take out dough and shape loaf. Put shaped dough
in round, floured cake pan.
- Lightly flour prosphora seal and top of dough.
Press seal firmly into dough.
- Let dough double in size.
- Take a toothpick and prick around the seal.
Carefully remove seal.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes at 375
- Remove bread and wrap in clean cloth or towel
until cooled so crust will soften.